Why Study in Australia?
Australia has long been the preferred overseas study destinations. Multicultural Australia is a safe, friendly, sophisticated and harmonious society in which students can learn and travel. Australia has the third highest number of international students in the world behind only the United Kingdom and the United States despite having a population of only 23 million.
Australia offers an educational experience that makes a real difference. It provides a unique kind of education and a learning style that encourages one to be innovative, creative and think independently. Graduates from Australia are very successful in finding jobs and hold prominent positions worldwide. The Australian approach to vocational and technical education is now recognised as among the best and most innovative in the world. It enjoys an international reputation for excellence in all areas of education and training. Australian universities are widely recognised for excellence in many disciplines.
Australian Qualifications and Institutions are recognized globally for their high quality and excellence. Graduates from Australia are very successful in finding jobs and hold prominent positions worldwide. Additionally, they are readily accepted for postgraduate study at leading international universities. Moreover, most courses and training undertaken by international students in Australia are covered by Australian Qualification Framework (AQF). It is a system of learning which is authorized by the Australian government.
Research and Technology
Australia is in the top 10 countries for government spending on research and development (0.71% of GDP), and publishes around 250,000 scientific papers in a decade. This puts it at the forefront of new technology and innovations.
Value for Money
Australia also offers excellent value for money, with living expenses and tuition costs in Australia considerably less expensive than the United Kingdom (UK) and the United States of America (USA), and a standard of living that is amongst the highest in the world. Furthermore, international students in Australia can work up to 20 hours a week, and during holidays students can work full time. This is a great opportunity for students who want to earn money to help with living expenses during their stay, and for students who want to gain work experience in their field of interest while they study.
Opportunities to work after graduation
Once you have spent your time and money in acquiring education in any country, it seems only justified for you to wish to work in that environment for some time before heading back to your country or going elsewhere to chase your dreams. The recent changes in government policy make it easier for international students to work in Australia once they complete their education (conditions apply) and hence they can add value to their résumés not only through international education but also through international work experience
- Student Visa Application Cover Sheet
- Application form 157A with 3 recent, passport-size color photographs of each applicant stapled to the top right-hand corner of the form.
- Completed Details of Relatives form.
- One-page statement of purpose (if applicable).
- Photocopy of the offer letter (An electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) certificate).
- Evidence of the IELTS score.
- Photocopies of the students educational certificates & mark sheets (with highest level of education first), passport, and photocopies of any other originals that have been submitted with the application.
- Student Visa Financial Guarantee forms followed by each guarantors documents as follows:
- Original bank statement
- Photocopies of relevant financial statements
- Photocopies of guarantor’s source of income documents.
- Passport of applicant and any dependants intending to travel.
- All original documents. Original documents include:
- IELTS score
- Offer letter (An electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) certificate).
- Educational certificates & marksheets (with highest level of education first)
- Employment certificates (if employed)
- Financial Certificate / Bank balance Certificate.
- Any other original documents that you think are necessary to submit with the application.
- Meet the Genuine Temporary Entrant requirement.
- Acceptable Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).
- Prove that you are of good character, sound health and have no debts to the Australian Government.
- Any other certificate related to academic/extracurricular activities.
These documents will be kept until assessment is completed and then returned to you.
Australia generally has two intakes i.e. February and July, with few Universities offering multiple intake in September & November. It is suggested that you should start making applications ideally 7-8 months prior to the intake. University generally takes around 4-6 weeks to process the applications.
English Language Requirements
English Language requirements vary between institutions. Usually for undergraduate courses IELTS 6.0 and for postgraduate courses IELTS 6.5 is required.
Undergraduate – Bachelors
- A good academic record in High School Certificate or 12 years of schooling
- Some courses such as Computing and Engineering will require Mathematics and /or Science as pre-requisites
Postgraduate – Masters
- A good academic record in Bachelors Degree from a recognized university is necessary
- Any work experience in the field will be helpful
- For MBA programs at some Universities students need to have work experience along with their Bachelors Degree
Cost of Living
Australia’s standard of living is amongst the highest in the world. Living expenses and tuition costs are considerably lower in Australia than they are in the United States and United Kingdom. International students are able to work part time while they study, allowing them to offset their living costs. There is also the possibility of scholarships, which can help to lower the cost of studying in Australia for international students.
Visa Application Fees
|VISA CATEGORY||VISA FEE IN AUD||VISA FEE IN BDT|
|Student Additional Applicant charge 18+||405||30870|
|Student Additional Applicant Charge U18||135||10290|