Why Study in Malaysia?
One of the main advantages of studying in the UK is that you will be exposed to different cultures and experiences. The sights, sounds and tastes of the UK are varied. Whether you enjoy exploring cities or prefer to get out into the countryside, the UK has something to offer you.
Global Leader in International Education
According to the QS World University Rankings (2012), four of the top six universities in the world are in the UK. By studying in the UK, you have the opportunity to graduate from one of the best education systems in the world!
Excellent International Reputation
British qualifications are recognised internationally and valued by employers, universities and governments throughout the world. The UK is a popular destination for international students, and well respected for world-class standards of teaching. The UK is also renowned for the excellence of its research and teaching.
Value for Money
UK undergraduate study offers fantastic value for money and the sort of experience you can’t put a price on. Undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the UK are generally much shorter than those abroad, which helps to reduce the amount of money require in paying tuition fees and living costs. Most undergraduate courses take three years to complete, although in Scotland it would be typically four years. A postgraduate Masters course will normally only take 1 year, whereas PhD will take 3 or 4 years. Furthermore, as an international student, you can work as well as study. If you are studying at degree level or above, you are permitted to work up to 20 hours a week during term time, with no limit during vacation periods. This can help you to gain both extra finances to support your studies and valuable work experience.. You will also have access to free health care on the National Health Service.
Improve your English
By studying and living in the UK, you will be immersed in the language and have the opportunity to perfect your English communication skills. Practice your English language skills every day, in shops and cafés and while you’re out with English-speaking friends, as well as in seminars and discussion groups on your course.
UK is a multicultural, multi-faith country that has always welcomed migrants and visitors from abroad. By living in the UK, you will have the opportunity to experience new culture and meet people from different culture and countries. And, because the UK is such a popular destination for international students, you are sure to meet people from all over the world during your time in the UK.
- A valid passport that allows you to travel abroad.
- A completed Visa Application Form (VAF) and appropriate appendices, which generally includes a VAF9 form for personal details and the VAF9 Appendix 8 for Tier 4 General Student Self-Assessment.
- An original Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) Letter from your sponsor, which in this case is the educational institution where you have been accepted as a student.
- Two recent passport-size color photograph and of each dependant who is applying with you that shows full face without a hat, head covering or sunglasses, and taken against a white background. (Head coverings worn on religious or cultural grounds are allowed, but must not cover your face.).
- Proof of funds for accommodations and expenses while in the UK. This can be in the form of bank statements or a loan confirmation letter from a bank or other financial institution. If your funds are in a bank account, you must show that the funds have been in the account for at least 28 days. Account shall be in the name of Student or a joint account shall exist for both financial sponsor and student. From 21st August 2009, funds can be shown in the name of the parents also. In case of fixed deposits, banks shall issue a letter confirming the availability of same and encashment can be done with in 28 days maximum. Bank letter shall be dated less than ONE CALENDAR MONTH from the date of visa application. In case of education loan, sanction letter dated less than ONE CALENDAR MONTH shall be produced with a copy of terms and conditions or loan agreement if issued by bank and shall be signed by all the parties of the agreement. In case bank’s sanction is subject to the issue of visa, Border Agency assumes that the student is likely to get the funds by the time he/she travels to UK.
- Any additional supporting documents listed in the VAF9 Tier 4 Guidance Notes, which can be found at the Home Office UK Border Agency website, www.ukvisas.gov.uk.
- A Visa application fee.
- Students who plan to study in a Postgraduate Doctor or Dentist program will also need an original letter from their Postgraduate Dean and original transcripts or certificates showing your qualifications.
- Any other certificate related to academic/extracurricular activities.
All documents submitted for UK student visa applications must be original.
The main intake offered by all Universities is September / October few universities offer Jan / Feb intake also.
English Language Requirements
IELTS minimum score of 6.5 for Postgraduate and 6 or 5.5 for Undergraduate Studies.
TOEFL minimum score of 90 (Internet Based Test) for Postgraduate and 80 (Internet Based Test) for Undergraduate Studies.
|Level of Studies||Requirements|
|Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificate||GPA 3.5 – 4.0 in HSC|
|Bachelors Degree||GPA 4.0 – 5.0 in HSC|
|Post Graduate Certificate/Diploma||Higher Second Class in Bachelors Degree (3 or 4 years)|
|Masters degree||First Class in Bachelors Degree (4 years only)|
Each institution sets its own entry requirements, and you will find that they vary between universities. Your application will normally be assessed on your current level of qualification.
To make sure you meet all the admissions criteria for the course(s) you wish to apply for, contact the International Office at the institution(s) you are applying to and check.
Please also note that your qualifications equivalency are assessed by UK NARIC. For further information please visit Qualifications Comparisons by UK NARIC
Points required to obtain Tier 4 General Student Visa:
To successfully apply for a Tier 4 General visa, you must score 40 out of 40 points.
- Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) Letter – 30 Points.
- Maintenance (Funds) – 10 points
Funds to be shown:
- If studying within London borough – First year tuition + 9,180 Pounds (Nine months max.)
- Outside London borough – First year tuition + 7,380 Pounds (Nine months max.)
Living Expenses: Estimated at £350 – £500.
Acceptable Funds: Bank balance in Savings Account, Current Account.
Education Bank Loans: From recognized financial institutions in Bangladesh are accepted.
Visa Application Fees
|Tier 4 (General) or Tier 4 (Child)||41,850 (£310)|
|Partner or child aged under 18 (if they are applying at the same time as the main applicant)||£310 for each family member|
Visa processing times for Bangladesh
|Tier 4 (General)||9 Days (Dhaka)||10 Days (Sylhet)|