Why Study in Spain?
Expand your horizons in Spain, one of the most prominent countries of the European Union, offering international students from a wide variety of academic and national backgrounds both outstanding higher education and exchange opportunities and excellent facilities for learning Spanish culture and language.
A Great Educational System
Spain has a great opportunity to learn no matter what your major might be and no matter which college you have selected for your studies. The educational system is well organized and properly executed, designed to provide students of all levels with the utmost of learning opportunities. Spain is the third most popular country for international studies with around 36% of those people from the USA. When you study in Spain you can be confident that you will be provided with the best possible education for your time.
Experience the Country
When you think of Spain you probably think of Madrid and Barcelona. While these two cities are beautiful and certainly hot tourist attractions, Spain has so much more to offer the visitor that these two cities. The beautiful countryside of Spain is marvelous and you are certain to enjoy being able to see miles and miles of lush trees and greeneries. Travel to another area of the country and you’ll find yourself amidst the most beautiful coastline you will ever see. Spain has it all, and as a student there will be plenty of time for you to travel and explore and see all of these amazing things.
Learn a New Language
It may not be your intended reason for coming to Spain, however there isn’t a question that you will learn a great deal of the Spanish language while you are studying, and a beautiful language it is! Spanish is the second most commonly spoken language in the world, just behind English. Imagine how fun it will be to learn a new language…and there is no better way to learn that language than while you are among those who speak it frequently. As you attend university in Spain you will be around those speaking the language so before you know it you will also be speaking it naturally.
Affordable Costs of Living
The costs of living in Spain are very affordable when compared to other countries in Europe. This is always important, especially to a college student already strapped for cash. No matter where you live in Spain you can make it an affordable venture but when you are careful in your selections you can ensure this even more so.
Affordable Tuition Rates
In addition to affordable costs of living, attending school in Spain enables you to attain an affordable tuition rate at any of the wonderful higher learning institutes in the country. Tuition at some colleges cost as little as 5,500 Euros per semester while others cost upwards of 12,000 Euros per semester, still far less than colleges and universities in other European countries, as well as the U.S.
Spain has four seasons, with each of those seasons providing delightful weather. The average temperature in the winter is 59 degrees, a most comfortable and enjoyable temperature. In the summer the average temperature is 70 degrees, also pleasant. The climate in which you will be treated to while in Spain will slightly differ depending upon your location in the country.
- Must be submitted all original documents.
- Passport should be valid for at least 6 months after the intended date of departure from Spain.
- 3 recently taken passport size photographs.
- Letter of Acceptance from the University, confirming you have been accepted and enrolled on a course of full-time education, involving a minimum of 15 hours organized daytime tuition each week.
- This letter should specify the course you will be studying.
- It should also confirm the amount of fees payable for your course, and that this amount has been paid.
- Where the course fees are less than €6,000, fees must be paid in full to the college, prior to applying for your visa.
- Where the course fees are in excess of €6,000, you must pay at least this amount prior to applying for your visa.
- If the college has taken out medical insurance on your behalf, details of this must be contained in this letter of acceptance.
- Evidence of sufficient funds of support for the duration of stay (e.g. statement of earnings, bank statement, traveler’s checks etc.)
- You must provide evidence that you have attained the necessary level of academic achievement required to follow your chosen course.
- All educational certificates
- If employed, employment documentation will be needed or if still in school, letter from school releasing you from studies.
- Proof of accommodation if possible
- Letter from your family offering financial support if available
- Letter from college confirming payment of course fees & if applicable accommodation charges.
- Completed Visa Application form
- English Language Proficiency Certificate.
Intakes for study in Spain
The main intake offered by all colleges & universities in Spain are September & January.
English Language Requirements
Good academics level back ground is required for study in Spain. Minimum first class & English medium instructions are required. If you are not proficient in English, some universities in Spain insist on a score either from TOEFL or IELTS.
IELTS: A minimum score of 5.0 is better but there is some institutions allows students without IELTS.
|Level of Studies||Requirements|
|Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificate||GPA 3.5 – 4.0 in HSC|
|Bachelors Degree||GPA 4.0 – 5.0 in HSC|
|Post Graduate Certificate/Diploma||Higher Second Class in Bachelors Degree (3 or 4 years)|
|Masters degree||First Class in Bachelors Degree (4 years only)|
Cost of Study in Spain
|Bachelor Courses||3,000 – 8,000 euros|
|Masters Courses||4,000 – 8,000 euros|
Additionally accommodation, living expenses, book & other miscellaneous expenditure would come around 7,200-9,600 euros.
A small number of scholarships for international students to study in Spain are available from the universities & colleges themselves.