Why study in Switzerland ?
Switzerland has always placed a high value on the delivery of good-quality education and boasts a great many higher education opportunities. It is one of the world’s leading investors in education. If you decide to choose Switzerland as your high school study abroad destination, you can be sure of high class professionalism in the training and education that is imparted to you. The study abroad programs of practically all institutions are well defined and employ teachers who are extremely proficient at their jobs. Switzerland ranks among the top countries in the field of education, especially in science and technology. The programs are packed with educational activities that are fun and provide a welcome breaks from the busy academic curriculum.
Switzerland ranks among the most traveled European countries due to its hotels, diversity of its heritage, its food, chocolates, and of course the Alps. Study abroad programs available in Switzerland, not only provide education and training of an unmatched quality but also give you the opportunity to have wonderful life experiences.
There are so many reasons why you should choose Switzerland your study destination.
- Switzerland has a high quality system of education that is relatively accessible to foreign students.
- The student population of some universities, for example, consists of over 40% foreign students, and this trend is on the upswing.
- You will meet and associate with people from all over the world, giving you a very global outlook and politically neutral understanding of life.
- A Swiss Education Today is An International Career Tomorrow
- Bringing global opportunities to you.
- Transform your ambitions into an exciting career.
- Safe and modern with high living standards
- Easy access to road, rail networks and airports
- Multicultural society with four official languages
Student visa fee is approx. 150 ($US).
For student visa, the following documents are required:
- 3 copies of completed application form.
- 1 recent, passport-size photo.
- Passport or travel document valid for at least 3 months after intended visit.
- Return/onward ticket and visa for next country of destination if required.
- Proof of sufficient funds in the form of a recent bank statement.
Residence permits are awarded to students who wish to study in Switzerland under the following conditions:
- The applicant is coming to Switzerland alone
- The applicant wants to attend a university or some other institution of higher learning
- The program of studies is fixed
- The institution attests in writing that the applicant has been accepted for studies
- The applicant proves necessary financial means
- The applicant guarantees departure from Switzerland at the end of studies
Formalities to complete in Switzerland for all foreign students:
1. You must present yourself within ten days of arrival to the appropriate in the town where you will be living whit following documents:
i. Passport (with student visa, if required)
ii. Statement of arrival provided by the bureau of foreigners
iii. Student questionnaire provided by the bureau of foreigners
iv. Proof of acceptance from the school
v. 1 recent passport-style photo
vi. Proof of financial means for the duration of studies, or
vii. Proof of Swiss or foreign financial aid, with the amount indicated, or
viii. Guarantee from parents (form available from the bureau of foreigners). This must be completed by the father or mother, certified by local authorities, and accompanied by a permanent wire transfer order, or
ix. Guarantee from a third party (form available from the bureau of foreigners). The guarantor must live in Switzerland and prove sufficient financial means for the student’s upkeep. The guarantor’s signature must be notarized by the local authorities.
x. The request for a residence permit will not be processed until all documents are submitted. Cost of residence permit is for 1 semester 15 to 22 ($US), for 2 semesters 18 to 25 ($US)
2. After matriculating in the university, you must pay fees for the first semester. You will not be definitively registered until you have done this and received the receipt by post. With this receipt, you must visit the town authorities a second time to prove that you are officially registered in the university.
3. Residence permit
1. The visa application must be submitted to the Swiss Embassy/Consulate covering your place of residence.
2. You must be in possession of sufficient financial means to cover your cost of living in Switzerland.
3. The Swiss Embassy/Consulate may demand a declaration of guarantee.
4. You may not take up employment during your stay in Switzerland without the required permit nor take up studies exceeding a period of three months.
5. A student permit is valid for the length of the study period.
Hospitality in Switzerland
Study in Switzerland & Make CAREER in Hospitality
The concept of hospitality has its roots in Switzerland. Many hotels and other service industries around the world employ Swiss educated managers because of their rigor, strong work ethos, value for service, attention to detail, genuine culture for hospitality, and effectiveness in managing a diverse workforce.
Switzerland has a long established and outstanding reputation for excellence in Hospitality Education. Many of the world’s successful hoteliers have been educated in this beautiful and safe country. Switzerland demonstrates greatness in its precise approach to detail. That is why so many Swiss corporations rank among the world’s finest research institutes.
CAAN World is promoting Best Colleges in Switzerland. Hospitality is the main subject, which students choose for their higher studies in this beautiful country.
There are lot of options of various courses at different levels like diplomas, bachelors degrees, Master degrees and PG diplomas. Most of programs in Hospitality are designed with paid internalship. This way student can earn to support their studies.
Here are few courses available in Switzerland:
- BA Degree (36 months)
- Hotel & Hospitality Management
This Degree is three-year program. If student completes year one, he is awarded with Diploma, if he competes two years he is awarded Higher Diploma AND if student completes all three years he is awarded with Bachelors degree. All three years are packed with 6-month theory and 6 month paid training.
Associate Degree in Culinary ( 3 Years)
This degree is also designed in three separate parts like Diploma, Higher Diploma and Associate Degree.
- PGD in Hospitality Management (One Year)
- PGD in Culinary Management (One Year)
- Both these courses are designed with 6-month study and 6 month paid training.
MBA (Hospitality / Global Management) (2 Years)
Year 1 of MBA is 6-month study and 6 month paid training and similarly year 2 is 6-month study and 6 month paid training.
Note: During training period ALL deserving students can earn approx. 2000CHF (INR 100,000) per month.